Founded by some of the nation’s top orthodontists and headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Orthodontic Partners (OP) is a fast-growing national orthodontic service organization that provides partner doctors with a full range of administrative, marketing, HR, and financial support services. Our mission is to build a better orthodontic partnership model by bringing together leading business and clinical minds and sharing insights that inspire our partners, teams and patients. It is through a relentless pursuit of this mission that we’ve successfully built a world class network of partners who value collaboration, excellence, growth, and trust. We’ve grown to support over 30 top orthodontic practices across nearly 70 locations and 15 states and are just getting started. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals to join us as we revolutionize the orthodontics industry by making orthodontic care more convenient, affordable, faster and easier for patients.
Summary of Position:
The Payroll Manager plays a critical role in the leadership of the company’s provision of payroll services to Orthodontic Practices located in multiple states. The Payroll Manager is an active participant in the company leadership for the payroll process and development of systems and processes to support rapid growth of the organization.
Essential Job Function:
· Directly manages payroll team responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing across multiple states and multiple legal entities. (Currently 14 states and over 70 practice locations, anticipate significant growth).
· Oversees, directs, develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, internal controls, and policies for the general payroll functions including time and attendance, accurate employee wage management, sales commissions and bonuses, accurate employee deductions, and timely payment of employee earnings.
· Responsible for management of ADP payroll system and maintaining strong working relationship with the related support team.
· Responsible for payroll dashboard and providing payroll information to management.
· Establishes internal review and audit process during bi-weekly processing while maintaining accurate payroll records.
· Prepares biweekly reporting for all payroll entities.
· Responsible for all payroll tax and compliance working closely with outsourced HRIS team to ensure compliance and accurate tax reporting.
· Registers company for income tax and unemployment insurance for new states and localities.
· Collaborates with Human Resources regarding onboarding employees from newly acquired medical practices, time and attendance audits, deductions, and payroll changes.
· Collaborates with Accounting regarding payroll, benefits and 401k funding and invoicing, etc.
· Maintains active communications with Practice leadership and Operations to implement payroll policies, integrate systems, manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
· Manages payroll audit requests.
· Works with Human Resources regarding 401k compliance and audit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills when communicating with employees and other team members.
· Energized by the challenge of growing a successful business and the related support functions.
· Proficient in payroll systems, payroll processes, payroll laws, compliance, and tax reporting across several state and local agencies.
· Management skills and ability to deal with multiple supervisors with varied business experience.
· Excellent organizational, leadership, and time management skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Basic understanding of accounting principles a requirement.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, or Human Resources or related field; professional certification (CPP, CPM) a plus.
· Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in providing payroll services, payroll compliance, and general issues relating to employee compensation.
· Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience over office personnel.
Orthodontic Partners is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Founded by some of the nation’s leading orthodontists, Orthodontic Partners is the premier Orthodontic Service Organization.
We seek to partner with doctors who are forward-thinking, growth-oriented, and collaborative.
If that is in your DNA, let’s talk.
© 2024 Orthodontic Partners.